Assistant Front Desk Manager
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National Conference Center is currently hiring an Assistant Front Desk Manager. Under the direction of the Front Desk Manager and Director of Operations, the Assistant Front Desk Mgr. is responsible for the work that is carried out by the Front Desk, Operator, Reservations and Bell staff. They would coordinate front office guest services at the conference center so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with hospitality operations, including front desk and/or housekeeping.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers and team.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Duties of this position will be conducted in a professional environment.
Reports to: Front Desk Manager, Director of Operations
- Interacts with any conference center guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
- Assists the Front Desk Manager with the scheduling of work shifts and vacations of the Guest Services employees.
- Supervises the Front Desk to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Responsible for training staff.
- Coordinates registration functions for all guests.
- Assists the Front Desk Manager with oversight of front desk tasks to include:
- Check in and check out functions
- Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities
- Preparation and hand out of name tags, wayfinding maps and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and Operator functions.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Distribute, replace and safeguard room keys as required.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system.
- Night audit functions, as needed
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Implements and follows all emergency procedures.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.