The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a bartender for the Black Olive. This person would be responsible for the set-up, maintenance and operation of the bar. Takes drink orders from patrons or waitstaff and prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes. They would also mix ingredients for cocktails and serves wine and bottled or draught beer. They would ring drink orders into register, collects payment and makes change. This position will likely have shifts that focus on serving the room alternating with shifts that focus on bartending.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be 21 years or older
- TIPS trained
- Must have basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to: Executive Chef and Beverage Director, Pub Manager, Pub Supervisor
- Checks ID’s on any customer and takes drink orders from patrons or waitstaff.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and grill following standard recipes. Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Serves wine and bottled beer or draws draught beer from kegs.
- Rings drink orders into register, collects money from patrons for drinks served and makes change.
- Practices safe serving techniques and informs manager on duty of any action that is necessary.
- Orders or requisitions liquors, other beverages, and supplies.
- Stocks beer coolers and taps beer kegs.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- May wash and sterilize glassware. will be responsible to adhere to all policies mandated by the state concerning COVID-19. This will include, but is not limited to, face covering policies, social distancing, bar setup, and service procedures.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for work to be completed at the present time. Follows The National’s policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and ensures compliance. Regular cleaning and disinfecting processes included.
- May be required to work nights, weekend, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.