Event Staff Worker
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking an event staff worker. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to complete set up and break down of conference and banquet rooms, manage storage and inventory of conference service supplies and equipment in accordance with The National’s policies and procedures, and any other assigned duties.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Must possess strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds or more.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be well groomed.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must have flexibility of work schedule to include long days and weekends.
- Duties of this position will be conducted in a professional environment.
- Requires bending, reaching, walking for extended periods of time, lifting heavy equipment.
Reports to: Event Staff Lead Supervisor, Banquet & Event Manager, Food & Beverage Director
- Responsible for set-up and break down of meeting rooms and special function rooms, to include the set-up and break down of tables needed for registration and special function requirements.
- Ensure all common areas and storage are clean and orderly and maintained according to policy.
- Clean and refresh of meeting rooms during noon break.
- Manage the storage and delivery of customer’s equipment and boxes shipped to the NCC.
- Assists with conference guests’ various requests.
- Assist Business Center when needed.
- Set-up and minor maintenance of control room equipment (Copiers, Fax Machines, PC and Printers).
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of Event Staff when supervisor is not present.
- Manages daily work schedule/load/agenda.
- Maintain and deliver customers class materials from the storage areas .
- Conducts room inspections. (Maintain, room set to specifications.)
- Assists in maintaining equipment inventory.
- Participates in weekly quality assurance checks of the conference areas to include, hallways, lobby areas, storage areas, and business centers; reporting any maintenance problems to the engineering department.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.