Front Desk Clerk
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a front desk clerk. This person would be responsible to welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. They would directly participate in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk operation including answering external and internal telephone calls, and taking and delivering messages as needed. They would provide guest services at the conference center so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility. The front desk clerk works in conjunction with all guest service employees, and deals with any conference center guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Can read, understand, and clearly speak English.
- A driver’s license is necessary.
- Minimum of two years experience in a like employment.
Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor, Assistant Front Desk Manager, Front Desk Manager
- Empowered to make decisions that directly effect the guest’s experience in a positive fashion.
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Acts as the Rapid Response attendant during his/her absence.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk checklist tasks that include:
- Check in and check out functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities.
- Preparation and hand out of name tags, parking passes, and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and Rapid Response operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Coordinate reservations for guest transportation.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system.
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Issue and monitor safe deposit boxes.
- Notification and processing of an express check out process.
- Maintains adequate change bank to support the guest service needs.
- Verifies all guest laundry/dry-cleaning pick up and delivery.
- Reconciles disputed guest charges.
- Provides explanation for paid outs, miscellaneous charges, and allowances (must have the approval of the supervisor on duty).
- Assists with storing and inventorying of supplies necessary to perform daily operations.
- Works within the key issuance and control program to ensure total key control and quality assurance.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Front Office manager.
- In the event of inclement weather, will be required to remain on sight and on duty until replaced.
- Follows The National’s policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.