Human Resources Coordinator
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a human resources coordinator. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all functions relating to personnel administration. This position will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years previous human resource experience required.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability as evidenced by high level of skill on software such as Excel.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and present conclusions.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure at all times.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
- Participates in developing department goals and systems.
- Assist with recruitment efforts such as pre-screening applicants, conducting background investigations and reference checks. Logging all applicants. Communicate job openings internally & externally within the community.
- Prepare new hire paperwork and ensure all on-boarding documents, name tags, etc. are in place.
- Act as a resource for Human Resources record keeping & reporting functions. Ensure accurate data entry & completion of I-9s and E-verify.
- Assist in planning, organizing and facilitating associate events.
- Maintain departmental files & process all associate forms.
- Timely answer inquiries such as employment verification, benefit claims processing & general HR concerns.
- Performs benefits administration to include administering open enrollment communication, assisting staff with claim issues, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assist with development of Diversity initiatives, maintains records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations and support Diversity in
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment for non-exempt staff, students, seasonal, and temporary employees.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation Program. Writes and places job postings and advertisements, utilizing social media, ADP Recruitment, state employment agencies, as well as traditional advertising channels.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Coordinates and monitors FMLA and other leaves of absence.
- Assists in reporting employee injuries, and is the avenue of communication between employee, health care providers, and Worker’s Compensation Carrier.
- Provides assistance to the training and development function.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned, including covering HR “front desk”.
- Performs other or additional tasks as required.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.