The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a HVAC Maintenance Engineer. The Maintenance Engineer is a skilled position providing craft-level services in one or more areas of mechanical maintenance such as the dismantling and repair of motors, engines, and other mechanical components for automotive, heating, ventilation, laundry, and air conditioning equipment.
- Read, white, and clearly speak English.
- Read, interpret and follow architectural and general engineering drawings, schematics and specifications as well as manufacturers installation and maintenance documentation.
- 2-3 years experience providing service and maintenance to related facilities and equipment.
- Universal certification for the safe use and handling of refrigerants preferred.
- Graduation of an accredited HVAC technical school preferred.
Reports to: Chief Engineer
- Installs, repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyers, belts, fans, HVAC, etc.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts and inspects completed repair.
- Adjust functional parts of mechanical devices.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Requisitions replacement and/or new parts and equipment.
- Replaces defective mechanical parts of HVAC equipment.
- Conducting regular boiler checks, monitoring pressures and temperatures.
- Inspects, clean, and lubricated equipment machinery.
- Working on chillers as necessary.
- Performs brazing, welding and sheet metal work when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.