Information Systems and Technology Manager
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the nation with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards, including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas and/or through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community, The National also is the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, that recognizes an Executive Chef who has shown exemplary commitment to his/her employees and growing Virginia’s diverse restaurant and culinary industry.
Read more http://www.conferencecenter.com/
- We are currently seeking an IT Manager. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to lead, support, and further develop the technology upgrade at this property. Previous experience at planning and coordinating the logistics for an organization’s technology is required.
- Preferred experience:
- 10 Years in the hospitality industry
- preferably large hotels/conference centers
- PMS/CAS/POS + experience
- management of a team of IT specialists
- 2-5 years in a leadership role
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Manages computer help desk for Conference Center users by answering and responding to calls.
- Maintains database to track help desk “trouble tickets.”
- Assists conference service customers with determining what information system services they require and deliver those services ordered.
- Performs network maintenance tasks.
- Interface with NCC contracted service providers, external vendors, and customers as required.
- Assists clients with special requests as needed.
- Maintains The National’s IT equipment inventory.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Ensures that all the IT technicians exemplify The National’s “Pillars of Excellence” culture – leads by example
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
- National Conferencing Center provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the Company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391. For more information and application process please visit and complete the application at:
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.