The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a Line Server. This position is responsible for staffing any of the various stations in the cafeteria including setting up, serving, breaking down, and cleaning in accordance with The National’s standards and safety and sanitation policies.
- High School Diploma is desirable.
- Minimum age 16 years.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must be able to deal with students/guests courteously and efficiently.
Reports to: Shift Supervisor and Shift Manager
- Stacks dishes, silverware, glasses, trays, etc. in proper places before and as needed during each meal period.
- Sets up and maintains condiment stations.
- Pre-heats steam table as applicable to required temperatures.
- Sets up cold food stations and maintains throughout meal period.
- Sets up hot food service station and exercises portion control as directed by the Supervisor and/or Manager on duty.
- Breaks down the station returning all unused food items to proper areas as directed by Supervisor and/or Manager on duty.
- Cleans work station and performs sidework cleaning at the direction of the Line Leader and/or Manager on duty.
- Assists fellow employees as need.
- Sets-up center stage/demonstration cooking area.
- Reports any maintenance problems or other problem area to supervisor or designated leader.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows NCC policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.