MRT (Make-Ready & Repair Team) Member
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, 2022 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a MRT (Make-Ready & Repair Team) Member. This position is responsible for preventative maintenance of the guest rooms and common areas to meet guest satisfaction.
- Entry Level position.
- Past cleaning experience required.
- Light maintenance experience desirable.
- Ability to read and understand English preferred.
Reports to: MRT Group Leader, Director of Housekeeping
- Perform preventative maintenance and deep cleaning in guestrooms, including bathrooms.
- Perform preventative maintenance and deep cleaning in common areas, including public restrooms.
- Capable of providing finish level painting tasks, via brush, roller, and air assisted spraying equipment.
- Performs minor wall repairs, to include the application of drywall, joint compound, and other repairs.
- Restock all supplies that are needed in the rooms.
- Report all unsolved maintenance problems to Helpline and note on checklist.
- Responsible for keys assigned to them.
- Comply with all The National’s policies and procedures.
- Follow The National’s safety and sanitation policies.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Furthermore, tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.