Operations Administrative Assistant
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a Operations Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for the providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. They support manager and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for proprietary and time sensitive material.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Hospitality operations, including housekeeping and/or building facilities experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers and team.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Reports to: Director of Housekeeping, Director of Operations, Director of Facilities
- Answering phones and responding to guest and internal requests.
- Managing and updating housekeeping and facilities databases such as vendor files, lost & found, preventative maintenance, and service request/incident tracking.
- Track inventory and order supplies.
- Receives, processes, and handles guest complaints in regard to housekeeping and facility services.
- Manage the maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide administrative support to housekeeping and facilities departments and projects, as needed.
- May direct and lead the work of others.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Provides a high level of customer service at all times; remains professional.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.