The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a Warehouse/Maintenance Worker. This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the Warehouse/Mailroom operation. They would locate and move materials from incoming shipments through storage and distribution of materials/mail throughout the campus. This position requires material handling with equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and dollies. They would utilize computer tracking systems to receive and deliver packages. Other general tasks may also be assigned from within the Facilities Department as necessary such as general maintenance tasks including painting, light carpentry, changing light bulbs, or other tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- General Knowledge of warehouse operations and general maintenance.
- Generalized knowledge in the use of power and hand tools.
Reports to: Director of Facilities
- Work from written requisitions or verbal instructions.
- Works independently
- Ability to prioritize urgency of activities and work requests.
- Assist other department personnel as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Daily and weekly inspections on fork lifts and motorized pallet jacks and routine maintenance on batteries to obtain optimal performance.
- Assist with snow removal as situation demands.
- Follow standard and prescribed safety regulations
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Participates in scheduled department meetings
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.