Catering Sales Manager
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a Catering Sales Manager who would be responsible for actively prospecting and booking special events & meetings for external customers within the local, social, and corporate markets. This person would be responsible for planning all logistics of the events. In addition, they would build strong client relationships, as repeat business is key to the success of this position. They will also achieve budgeted revenue goals.
- College Degree Required, concentration in Hotel Management, Sales and Marketing or related fields.
- Must posses computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Opera Hotel Management System or related system is helpful.
- Minimum of two years previous experience in Hotel Catering Sales or Conference Planning or related field.
- Must posses strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain composure, and the ability to make quick decisions.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented position, which requires organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to delegate tasks.
- Must work well independently
Reports to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Primary responsibility to generate local catering and day meeting business (DMP).
- Strong understanding of the catering business and how the conference center works.
- Knowledge of menu development and food cost.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through inquiries and active prospecting to maximize revenue potential.
- Determines and secures proper amount of meeting space to sell within the catering selective sell guidelines.
- Ability to provide good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to focus attention on details, prepare proposals, and cost estimates.
- Achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly goals.
- Blocks meeting space correctly and according to agreed terms.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner; the goal is to return calls by the same business day.
- Attend local networking events and become actively involved in area organizations.
- Participates in catering sales presentations, property tours, and customer meetings.
- Plans all logistical details of events from contracting until the event takes place.
- Works closely with operations team to ensure success events.
- Input date to generate proposals, contracts, updated client files and enter information into OPERA on a daily basis.
- Maximized revenue by up-selling and selling creative food and beverage functions as well as upgraded audio-visual equipment.
- On-site when group is in-house. Greets and services all client/groups to ensure satisfaction.
- Manages all post-event details including submitting invoices for billing and approving bills to be sent to client.
- Actively supports the development, training, and mentoring of the administrative assistant/catering coordinator.
- Information provided to accurately forecast revenue on a weekly basis.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Follows NCC policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Required to work nights and weekends based on business levels.
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.