We are currently seeking a Controller. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of previous working experience in Hotel Accounting, preferably as an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller. Must have a professional appearance and manner. Must be bondable.
Directly supervises all areas of accounting and accounting staff while handling day to day accounting functions and reporting those back to their Department head. Conduct the Month-end financial closing, complete balance sheet reconciliations and enforce and maintain all internal controls and SOPs.
- Responsible for the daily accounting operations and functions including managing staff
- Responsible for daily Bank reconciliations M3 Accounting software including maintaining detailed records of bank transactions.
- Responsible for full reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for completing the month-end close process to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews preliminary P&L and makes apparent corrections prior to distributions
- Responsible for Accounts Payable – reviewing and approving all invoices prior to posting and ensuring timely payment to vendors, while also maintaining proper cash balances.
- Acts as Credit Manager and makes decisions on extending credit to clients and amount.
- Prepares monthly cash funding requests, including bank reconciliations and cash flow.
- Ensures all taxes including Sales, Occupancy, Personal Property, Real Estate, etc. are filed timely and accurately and ensures no late filings.
- Manages all internal and external audits including but not limited to annual accounting audit, 401k audit and Workers Comp audit.
- Post payroll registers and reconcile to the TDR
- Must be able to interview, hire, train and manage accounting hourly associates.
- Responsible for commission process, including maintaining contracts
- Responsible for quarterly GSA filings and audit requirements.
- Follow and comply with all USALI (uniform system of accounts for lodging industry) requirements, local, state and federal laws.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are a must
- Major portion of work is performed at a desk and/or computer terminal.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National in Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
- As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.