The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a cook for The Black Olive. This person would be responsible for all food items prepped, cooked, and served in The Black Olive. They will need to maintain a sanitary kitchen, work station, and ensure that the kitchen is prepped adequately each night to guarantee a successful service.
- A minimum of 1 year of a food preparation position.
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary art training program is desirable.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Director, Pub Manager, Pub Supervisor
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, fish, or vegetables used for grilling or frying.
- Prepares garnishes for fried or grilled items.
- Grills items and prepares sauces as needed.
- Plates food items along with proper garnishes.
- Maintains a sanitary work station according to ServSafe and Loudoun Health Department standards.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Responsible for understanding and following all state issued guidance concerning COVID-19. This will include, but is not limited to, face covering policies, social distancing, food service requirements, and general food service procedures.
- Follows The National’s policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and ensures compliance with these policies and procedures including regular cleaning and disinfecting of work station.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.