Director of Engineering and Facilities
We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering and Facilities. The ideal candidate will have five (5) years of engineering experience preferably in a hotel, conference center or large plant operation. Vocational school and certifications strongly preferred. DC3 Boiler certification or equivalent recommended as is Universal CFC. Additional certification or licenses in three or more of the following preferred: HVAC and refrigeration systems, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, BAS & process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair preferred. Other certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions. Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Reports to: Vice President/General Manager
- Day-to-day operations of the engineering/maintenance department
- Overseeing and managing the effective maintenance of equipment and all aspects of facilities management
- Recruit, train, coach and lead a team of skilled engineers. Recruiting top talent and providing an engaging environment with empowered associates is a top priority
- Effectively schedule assignments to efficiently accomplish work responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate bids, quotes, and contracts for third party vendors
- Ensure property grounds are maintained for a welcoming arrival experience and overall curb appeal
- Produce an annual operating budget for payroll, expenses, utilities and capital improvement
- Maintain current permits and licenses for the building
- Work in partnership with members of The National’s strategic team and ownership
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices
- As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.