Executive Director of Sales
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking an Executive Director of Sales who will provide day to day leadership to the group and catering sales executives to achieve property revenue goals. They will develop the annual sales and marketing strategic plan, property group revenue budget, and sales and marketing expense budget.
- Four Years of College in Sales and Marketing or related field required.
- Strong and positive communicator with a proven track record of building and managing an experience sales team.
Reports to: General Manager
- Interviews, hires, supervises, and develops all direct reports.
- Works closely with the sales executives in managing and growing highly visible, high volume accounts.
- Personally handles select key accounts – leads by example.
- Supervises and is directly involved in the ongoing effort to prospect for new business.
- Provides the strategic vision for maximum sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
- Establishes and monitors individual and team revenue production goals (quarterly and annually).
- Manages the monthly sales and marketing expense budget.
- Continually assesses strengths and challenges of sales and catering team members and provides coaching, mentoring, and training to the sales team members.
- Ensures that all sales executives exemplify The National’s “Pillars of Excellence” culture and leads by example.
- Provides client and customer support to assure thorough communication and collaboration exists with all departments.
- Promptly handles staff, customer, and client issues.
- Understands how to develop business and evaluate business trends to modify strategies.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Follow The National’s policies and procedures, and safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.