Front Desk Clerk
Welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk operation. Answers external and internal telephone calls taking and delivering messages as needed. Provides guest services at the conference center so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility. Works in conjunction with all guest service employees. Deals with any conference center guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Acts as the PBX attendant during his/her absence.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk checklist tasks that include:
- Check in and check out functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities.
- Preparation and hand out of name tags, parking passes, and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and PBX operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Coordinate reservations for guest transportation.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system.
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Issue and monitor safe deposit boxes.