Government Business Development Manager
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the nation with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards, including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National also is the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more http://www.conferencecenter.com/
- The National is currently seeking a Government Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the solicitations, prospecting, mailing, and telemarketing of government training groups, in order to convert new business from the Government Market with a specific focus on establishing new contacts in all Federal Agencies and Military segments. Sell space and guest rooms that are relative to the Conference Center Business. Must understand the inner workings of the Government market and connect to key decision makers in an effort to promote the National Conference Center as a logical location for Government training, meetings, and events. Establish strong communication with each of the National’s departments and department heads will be required on a daily basis. High level of understanding of the Conference Center and being able to communicate with all levels of management are critical to the selling of space and rooms on the property.
- College Degree Required, Hospitality Degree a plus, Business Degree acceptable.
- Minimum of three to five years previous government sales management experience in Hotel Sales and Marketing with a preferred background in larger convention style hotels or conference centers.
- Extensive knowledge of the inner-workings of the US Government Market as it relates to procurement and or site selection process.
- Ideal candidate will have worked for Hotel or Conference Center or with a Federal Government Agency and has strong existing contacts within the market.
- Must posses strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain composure, and the ability to make quick decisions.
- Required effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well independently.
Reports to: VP Sales & Marketing
- Determines and secures proper training/meeting space for key Government groups/ guest rooms.
- Follows-up with all clients through phone calls, letters, and site tours in order to secure contracts and ensure customer satisfactions.
- Must generate contracts and understand verbiage conducive to the Government Industry.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of the GSA and the functionality of it in order to generate leads.
- Inputs data to generate contracts, update client files, and enter information into Sales Systems.
- Participates in special projects as needed, assist with all function of the Center if needed.
- Maintains cancellation policies to prevent loss of revenue due to cancellations.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to provide quality service for all groups.
- Strategically develops, plans, and implements plans and objectives in targeted Govt markets and to achieve revenue and profit levels as determined by Senior Management.
- Attends tradeshows, industry related meetings and in person appointments to generate leads.
- Creates and manages an account database to increase sales through cold calls, telemarketing and distribution of sales collateral both digitally and hard copy.
- Conducts daily telephone solicitation calls to generate new business and contacts.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Follows the National policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conferencing Center provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the Company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391. For more information and application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.