Human Resources Manager
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a Human Resource Manager. This position is responsible for providing all general support of HR functions to the unit in Directors absence. They will provide leadership and support to managers and employees throughout the organization and will assist in identifying best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train line managers to properly apply human resource policies and programs within the property. They would have responsibilities to include managing, processing and implementation of the following but not limited to benefits, employee incentives, retention, turnover, recruitment, safety, training and development. This position must be able to create, plan and manage creative HR strategies, and have knowledge of EEO laws and general HR policies.
- BS or BA required in Human Resources or related field/experience.
- 2-5 years previous experience in Human Resource Management
Reports to: Human Resource Director and CFO/GM
- Develop and implement internal HR processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Develop and direct innovative employee motivation and morale programs.
- Oversee all Benefits distribution and solve benefit related challenges.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to listen to employee concerns and have exceptional analytical problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Follows The National’s policies and procedures and safety and sanitation guidelines.
- May be required to work as business dictates.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.