The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the nation with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards, including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National also is the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more http://www.conferencecenter.com/
- The National is currently seeking a Pub Manager who would participate in and supervise food and beverage production and service at the Black Olive Pub and Grill in accordance with Virginia laws and The National’s standards for safety and sanitation policies.
- Minimum of two years college education.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace.
- Previous hotel-related experience.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Math skills and experience in operating and reading computerized cash register and tape readouts is necessary.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Director
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short term financial objectives relating to liquor sales.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Generates maximum financial performance of the Black Olive Pub. This includes responsibility for generation of revenue and effective cost controls.
- Hires and conducts orientation and training of personnel to meet department responsibilities.
- Follows procedures for opening and closing of lounge, including readings and cash deposits and Snack Bar openings and closings.
- Maintains effective cost and portion controls.
- Inventories all products weekly and purchases necessary supplies.
- Ensures that all late check-ins and double shifts receive a meal.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Ensures that The Black Olive is following all state mandated regulations concerning Covid-19. This will include but is not limited to educating the staff on the rules, enforcement of regulations with customers and staff, proper room set up, following the allowed hours of operation, and all safety/sanitation measures that are required. Monitoring revisions to Executive Order 72 for compliance is expected.
- Follows The National’s standard policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conferencing Center provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the Company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391. For more information and application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.