Sales Administrative Assistant
The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the national with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg, Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded to property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National is also the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more at http://www.conferencecenter.com
- The National is currently seeking a sales administrative assistant to provide administrative support to Sales and Business Development Managers.
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Previous experience in customer service position helpful.
- Requires basic computer and internet skills with typing speed reaching 40/50 wpm.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well independently.
- A working knowledge of Opera Property Management System is helpful.
Reports to: Director of Sales and Sales Team
- Produces information letters on The National and mail them with a sales kit per Sales Manager’s request.
- Processes all Direct Bill Application requests and obtains approvals.
- Verifies from the booking report that all files are made and that all bookings are turned definite in a timely manner.
- Types and mails thank you letters.
- Processes proposals and interest letters.
- Processes contracts.
- Processes office supply orders.
- Processes file folders for definite groups and distributes them to appropriate departments.
- Coordinates Direct Main effort and follow through keeping appropriate records.
- Field all incoming calls and passes them to appropriate manager or takes messages and passes them accordingly.
- Faxes, copies, creates correspondence, prepares shipping/overnight packages, and provides back-up support for the Sales Managers.
- Completes & distributes site inspection forms and assists the managers in preparation of the site inspection.
- Copies all contracts.
- Maintains log of all contracts, proposals, etc. for managers.
- Follows The Nationals policies and procedures for safety and sanitation policies.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg, Virginia.
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conference Center provides equal opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391.
For more information and to continue the application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.