The National Conference Center is one of the largest and most comprehensive conference centers and learning and development campuses in the nation with 917 guestrooms and 270,000 square feet of conference and event space.
Located in Leesburg Virginia along the Potomac River near Washington DC, 20 minutes from Dulles Airport, The National delivers the country’s foremost learning and meeting experience. The National offers a unique combination of extensive conference facilities and guest lodging to create the ideal environment for participant development. Our multipurpose venue offers tremendous flexibility to provide the perfect environment for a variety of line level training, executive education, and professional development programs.
The National has recently upgraded property-wide technology to include 2 gig broadband, as well as state-of-the-art HD projectors and monitors to support our in-house design, production, and run of show management team. The National has earned numerous awards, including the Virginia Restaurant Lodging & Travel Association 2017 and 2019 Hotel of the Year, that recognizes a hotel for extraordinary contributions to the hotel industry by implementing innovative ideas through demonstrated passion for the industry and its community. The National also is the recipient of the 2019 Chef of the Year award, the 2020 Smart Stars Winner for Best Conference Center, 2021 Loudoun County Large Business of the Year Finalist, and more.
Read more http://www.conferencecenter.com/
- The National is currently seeking a Sales Manager who would be responsible for solicitaiton and management of the Corporate Group Market, as well as other markets assigned. Position will entail prospecting, lead generation, and networking in order to solicit new business and maintain existing clientele. Postion must sell space and guest rooms that are relative to the Conference Center Business, which includes overnight guestrooms and meeting space. A clear understanding of the Hotel and Hospitality Industry are essential. Must understand the inter-workings of each internal department and how each functions. Communication with each department and department heads will be required on a daily basis. High level of understanding of the Conference Center and being able to communicate with all levels of management are critical to the selling of space and rooms on the property.
- College Degree Required, Hospitality Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years previous sales manager experience in Hotel Sales and Marketing with a preferred background in larger convention style hotels or conference centers.
- Experience working for third party meeting procurement organizations is also welcome.
- Must posses strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain composure, and the ability to make quick decisions.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well independently.
Reports to: VP Sales & Marketing
- Determines and secures proper meeting space for groups/ guest rooms.
- Greets and services all clients/groups to ensure satisfaction, meet satisfaction surveys.
- Follows-up with all clients through phone calls, letters, and site tours in order to secure contracts and ensure customer satisfactions.
- Must generate contracts and understand verbiage conducive to the Hospitality Industry.
- Inputs data to generate contracts, update client files, and enter information into sales system/Opera.
- Participates in special projects as needed, assist with all function of the Center if needed.
- Maintains cancellation policies to prevent loss of revenue due to cancellations.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to provide quality service for all groups.
- Assists Director of Sales and Marketing in managing budget.
- Strategically develops, plans, and implements plans and objectives in target markets and to achieve revenue and profit levels as determined by Senior Management.
- Attends tradeshows, industry related meetings as assigned to generate Leads.
- Creates and manages an account database to increase sales through cold calls, prospecting and distribution of sales collateral digitally.
- Conducts telephone solicitation calls to generate new business and contacts on a daily basis. Utilizes social media channels such as LinkedIn to develop leads and business relationships.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Follows The National policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
National Conferencing Center provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Company grants reasonable accommodations to applicants with known disabilities, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship for the Company. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 703-724-6391. For more information and application process please visit and complete the application at: Recruitment (adp.com)
As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.