VP of Sales and Marketing
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Sales and Marketing. The ideal candidate will have succeeded as a VP/Director of Sales and Marketing of a large group-centric hotel or conference center, will have an exceptional focus on business development, will be a proven team leader who leads by example, and will have a high level of energy and motivation. Five years of hospitality sales leadership experience is preferred, and experience working with the learning & development or training market is an added plus.
Reports to: Vice President/General Manager, indirectly to the Chief Marketing Officer
- Serves on the Property Executive Committee, which sets property direction and policy
- Partners with Chief Marketing Officer and VP/General Manager to:
- Develop the annual sales and marketing strategic plan, property group revenue budget and S&M expense budget
- Provide the strategic vision for maximum sales generation and optimal revenue growth
- Establish and monitor individual and team revenue production goals (quarterly and annual goals)
- Manage the monthly sales and marketing expense budget
- Provides day-to-day leadership to the group and catering sales executives (currently ten executives) to achieve property revenue objectives
- Works closely with the sales executives in managing and growing highly visible, high volume accounts
- Personally handles select key accounts – leads by example
- Supervises and is directly involved with the Vice President of Strategic Alliances and the sales executives in identifying high volume Learning & Development organizations
- Supervises and is directly involved in the ongoing effort to prospect for new business
- Continually assess strengths and challenges of sales and catering team members and provides coaching, mentoring and training to the sales team members
- Ensures that all sales executives exemplify The National’s “Pillars of Excellence” culture – leads by example
- The National has a competitive benefit package with lucrative incentive opportunities paid quarterly and annually. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD, and life insurance plans. All associates enjoy sick, holiday, personal and vacation time off.
- This position will be based at The National, Leesburg Virginia
- The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices
- As part of our pre-employment process, candidates who are extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a drug test and background check.